VERIFY PRODUCT KEY, SETUP AND INSTALL OFFICE ON YOUR COMPUTER NOW
Setup and Install Office free from www.office.com/setup or setup.office.com, you can even visit office.com/setup to verify product key for free.
What is Microsoft Office? How to setup from www.office.com/setup?
Microsoft Office is an office suite of applications, which can be downloaded from www.office.com/setup, servers, and services developed by Microsoft.
Microsoft office setup is the software setup file with this setup file you can install on your computer and some of the supported device to use Microsoft office. Not only the Microsoft Office software but all the software always has the setup file, and it is very important, without the setup file the software turn useless. Microsoft office has a different version, and the entire version has a different setup file. Some of the version is 2003, 2017 and 2010, 2020 etc.
Is this a new install that came with a product key? Go to www.office.com/setup and redeem your key.
Download and install or reinstall Office 365 or Office 2016 on your PC or Mac
For more detailed steps, including how to install the 64-bit version of Office, Office in a different language, or a stand-alone Office application such as Access 2016 or Visio 2016, use the Step-by-step installation instructions below. If you received Office through your organization’s subscription to the Home Use Program, follow the steps in: Install or reinstall Office through the Home Use Program (HUP).
Office For Home
Install on a PC (Office for home)
TIP: For Office 365 Home subscribers only: You can install Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs. Share your other four installs with friends or family, or use the same Microsoft account to install Office on your other computers. The steps to install are the same.
For a one-time purchase of Office 2016 such as Office Home & Student, Office Home & Business, or Office Professional: You can install Office on only one computer. However, you may transfer Office 2016 to another computer that belongs to you if you experience a hardware failure or you buy a new computer. For more information, see the Microsoft License Terms for your product, or see this blog post, Office now transferable.
Before you begin: Did you redeem your product key and associate Office with a Microsoft account?
Not every purchase of Office includes a key, but if this is a new copy of Office and you got a key sent to you electronically or it was included in your packaging, you need to redeem it first. (If you’ve already done this, go to
Step 1: Sign in to My Office Account. via www.office.com/setup)
2. Go to https://setup.office.com/ or www.office.com/setup and follow the prompts to sign in (or create a new Microsoft account).
2. Enter your product key and follow the rest of the prompts to redeem your product.
TIP: Your Microsoft account is the combination of an email address and password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, Xbox LIVE, OneDrive, or Windows Phone. If you use any of these services, you already have a Microsoft account. Use this same account when you sign in to Office, or create a new one.
To create a new Microsoft account, on the sign in page select No account? Create one! You can use a phone number, an email account you commonly use, or get a new @outlook.com email address.
For more information about Microsoft accounts, see Microsoft account help.
Example of an Office product key:
Step 1: Sign in to My Office Account to begin installing Office
- 1. Go to My Office Account at www.office.com/myaccount or www.office.com/setup . If you’re not already signed in with the Microsoft account associated with your copy of Office do that now. If you’re signed in with a different account, sign out of that and then sign in again with the correct Microsoft account.
NOTE: You must be signed in with this account to install or reinstall, and to manage your Office software.
If your sign in was unsuccessful try signing in again with the correct account, or see “This is the right place to install and re-install Office” for a list of options, including what to try if you can’t remember your Microsoft account.
- 2. Select Install. (If you have an Office 365 subscription you’ll need to select Install > and then on the next page, select Install.) This will start the installation of the 32-bit version of Office on your PC using the language you selected when you redeemed the product.
- To install the 64-bit version or a different language, click the link Language, 32/64-bit, and other install options.
Step 2: Install Office
- 1. Depending on your browser, click Save (in Edge), Run (in Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox). If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
- The install begins.
- 2. Your install is finished when you see the phrase, “You’re all set! Office is installed now” and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer.Follow the instructions in the window, for example Click Start > All Apps to see where your apps are, and select Close.
Step 3: Activate Office
- 1. Start using an Office application right away by opening any app such as Word or Excel.In most cases, Office is activated once you start an application and after you click Accept agreeing to the License terms.
- 2. Office might activate automatically. However, if you see the Microsoft Office Activation Wizard, follow the prompts to activate Office.If you need activation help, see Activate Office 365, Office 2016, or Office 2013.
The following are some common installation issues. If your issue isn’t listed, see Troubleshoot installing Office 2016 or Office 2013.
Sign in to activate Office
If Office prompts you to activate by entering an email address, it’s important to enter the email address that’s associated with your Office install. If sign-in fails, you might be entering the wrong email address. For help identifying the correct email address to use, see I can’t remember the account or password I use with Office.
Office is taking very long to install, or you received an error during install
- If Office seems to be taking a very long time to install, there could be a problem with your internet connection. For possible solutions, see Why is Office taking so long to install? You may also want to try installing Office using the Office 2016 offline installer.
- I received an error message: If you got an error message while trying to install Office and it has a Learn More link, select it to get information for how to troubleshoot that particular error. If there wasn’t a link, see Troubleshoot installing Office 2016 or Office 2013.
Activate Office 365, Office 2016, or Office 2013
In many cases, Office 365, Office 2016, and Office 2013 activate automatically over the Internet after you install Office on your PC. If you’re not prompted to activate Office, you can begin using Office right away. But sometimes Office needs your help to activate and displays the Office Activation Wizard. Other times, you might be prompted to sign in to activate Office. I get the error “This product couldn’t be activated because the product key can only be activated in certain geographic regions”
Activate over the Internet
- In the Activation Wizard, select I want to activate the software over the Internet, and then select Next. If nothing happens when you select Next, use the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Follow the prompts to complete the activation process. If activation fails, see Troubleshoot activation errors or contact support.
Activate by telephone
- In the Activation Wizard, select I want to activate the software by telephone, and then select Next. If nothing happens when you select Next, use the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Under Step 1 in the Activation Wizard, select your country/region, and then call the Product Activation Center phone number that’s listed under the country/region you selected.
- When prompted by the Product Activation Center, provide the Installation ID that’s shown in the Activation Wizard under Step 2.
- The Product Activation Center will provide a Confirmation ID that you enter in the Activation Wizard under Step 3.
- Select Next and follow the prompts to complete the activation process. If nothing happens when you select Next, use the Enter key on your keyboard.
Go to www.office.com/setup or www.office.com/setup and sign in with the account you use with Office.
Depending on your browser, click Save, Run, Setup, or Save File.
Select Install Office.
Want to reinstall or install Office on another computer? Go back to Step 1.
What’s new in Office?
As an Office 365 subscriber, you regularly get new and improved features that help you be more productive. See what’s available today and what’s coming up next for PC, Mac, or mobile.
As an Office 365 subscriber, you regularly get new and improved features. Take a look below to see what’s available to you today and what’s coming. Not an Office 365 subscriber but using Office 2016? Find out what’s available in your version. Need a subscription? Check out your options. Read More